To perform all job functions in a courteous and professional manner consistent with the mission and goals of American Vision Group. Primarily responsible for timely patient contact to obtain medical information and perform a variety of tests prior to the doctor seeing the patient.
High school diploma or GED. Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Willingness to travel between offices. Ability to work under pressure and remain calm in highly stressful daily situations. Excellent computer skills. Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Perform and accurately document basic ocular screening, patient history and chief complaint
- Assist with the movement of patients through sequences and evaluations to ensure efficient patient flow
- Ability to perform the following tests:
– Fundus Photography
– Basic Anterior Chamber Examination
– Confrontation visual fields
– Pupil Evaluation
– External exam – lids, conjunctiva
– Visual Acuity – Distance, Near, Intermediate and pinhole
– Drop instillation, Flourescein and Dilating drops
– In some practices; Refraction
- Knowledge, spelling and pronunciation of ophthalmic terminology
- Knowledge of all ophthalmic equipment used
- Communicate doctor instructions to patients on request
- Clean and maintain exam lanes
- Maintain practice and patient confidentiality at all times.
- Exhibit professional demeanor at all times while representing the practice.
- Maintain a professional level and volume of communication.
- Participate in staff and educational meetings and training.
- Obtain HIPAA/OSHA certification upon hire and each year at a specified time and at the expense of the practice.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
OPHTHALMIC TECHNICIAN DESCRIPTION
- Most of the on-the-job time is spent walking, sitting, using hands to handle, reaching with hands
and arms, talking and hearing. Less than one-third of the time is spent stooping or crouching.
- Sometimes this job may require weight to be lifted; under one-third of the on-the-job lifting is up to
- The job requires the following types of special vision: close, distance, peripheral and depth.
- Typical noise level for the work environment of this job is moderate (i.e. business office with
computers and printers, light traffic).
- The practice has determined this position to be at risk for blood borne pathogens as described by
O.S.H.A. regulations of 1992.
This job description is intended only to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It is not
intended nor should it be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and
responsibilities. Description/ responsibilities may alter based on the group in which you are assigned to.
When driving on company time, mileage will be reimbursed at the governmental rate.