Miami Eye Specialists- 3 Locations
As one of the largest multi-specialty ophthalmology practices in South Florida serving the Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties over 25 years, we are dedicated to providing state-of-the-art, individually based, high quality, eye health care. Our doctors are board-certified, skilled ophthalmologists and optometrists that provide a range of services to help our patients attain the clearest vision possible.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing visual field tests, OCT, Cell Count, B-scan, Orbscan/Pentacam, Iol Master, as well as Manuel A-scan, Fundus Photo.
- Using autorefractor and lensometers (automatic and manual).
- Monitoring patient flow, ensuring the physician exam rooms are always full after testing.
- Escorting patients to front desk after exam.
- Tidy exam rooms between patients, including cleaning all lenses used by doctors, the sinks and sanitizing equipment.
- Billing and Coding is billed and ordered (crossed trained over time).
- Preferred: COA or COT Certification.
- Knowledge of Diagnostic Equipment and Medical and Ophthalmic terminology.
- Willing to travel between multiple offices based on the demands of business.
- A positive team member with exceptional customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated computer literacy.
- Bilingual Spanish/English is preferred.
- Proficient in Lensometry, Topography, Biometry (Lenstar, IOL Master, and Immersion A-scan), Auto Refraction, Manual Refraction (plus and minus cyl) and Visual Acuities.
- Experienced in obtaining HPI, ROS, VA, IOP, Motility, Conf Fields, Angle check, VF, OCT.
- Knowledge of Ophthalmic Surgical Procedures (Cataract Surgery, LASIK, CXL, SLT, Yag Capsulotomy, iStent, Trabeculectomy, etc.) and HER.
- Ability to check visual acuity, applanation, history taking, pupil assessment, EOM's and confrontation field of vision.
- General knowledge of insurances.
- Passionate about working in the optical field / field of ophthalmology and a desire to work as an ophthalmic technician / optical technician.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage.
- 401K with employer match.
- Company paid life insurance.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Team oriented working environment where you are heard and respected.
- Clear career ladder opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time