- Pembroke Pines-601 N. Flamingo Road Pembroke Pines, FL 33028
- Aventura - Address: 2801 NE 213th St, Miami, FL 33180
- Weston - Address: 2200 N Commerce Pkwy Suite 110, Weston, FL 33326
- Plantation - Address: 1776 N Pine Island Rd #214, Plantation, FL 33322
- Jupiter-550 Heritage Drive Suite 105 Jupiter, FL 33458
To perform all job functions in a courteous and professional manner consistent with the mission and goals of American Vision Group. Primarily responsible for medically assisting the doctor and accurately documenting patient examinations in their chart.
High school diploma or GED, Medical Assistant designation and/or Medical Scribe certification preferred. Team oriented and self-motivated with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
Willingness to travel between offices. Ability to work under pressure and remain calm in highly stressful daily situations.
- Perform basic ocular screening and patient history.
- Assist in the efficient movement/flow of patients through sequence and evaluation.
- Medically assist the doctor through the patient examination.
- Scribe and document for the doctor.
- Prepare examination rooms to provide all needed medications, forms, consents and educational materials.
- Coordinate special testing needs with technicians and surgical needs with the surgical counselors.
- Create a sterile environment using sterile technique.
- Accurately perform and document the following: o Confrontation visual fields o Manual lensometry o Basic pupil evaluation –A/C depth exam and basic slit lamp exam o Applination tonometry o Visual acuity distance and near- NPC o Basic fundus photography (Mac, Disc and Diabetic Series)
- Knowledge of ophthalmic terminology and equipment.
- Assist doctor with patient calls, pharmacy calls, etc; return all patient phone calls the same day received.
- Communicate all doctor instructions to patients and/or other doctors’ offices as directed; fax reports, letters, post op visits, etc., to referring doctors.
- Ability to travel to all office locations and work with any doctor as assigned.
- Provide assistance to other clinic personnel as needed.
- Maintain practice and patient confidentiality at all times.
- Exhibit professional demeanor at all times while representing the practice.
- Maintain a professional level and volume of communication.
- Participate in staff and educational meetings and training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Most of the on-the-job time is spent walking, sitting, using hands to handle, reaching with hands and arms, talking and hearing. Less than one-third of the time is spent stooping or crouching.
- Sometimes this job may require weight to be lifted; under one-third of the on-the-job lifting is between 10 and 50 pounds.
- The job requires the following types of special vision: close, distance and peripheral
- Typical noise level for the work environment of this job is moderate (i.e. business office with computers and printers, light traffic).
- Work in an office environment and sustain posture in a standing and or sitting position for prolonged periods of time.
- The practice has determined this position to be at risk for blood borne pathogens as described by
O.S.H.A. regulations of 1992.
This job description is intended only to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It is not intended nor should it be interpreted as a list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities. When driving on company business, mileage will be reimbursed by American Vision Group.
Job Type: Full-time