Our thriving ophthalmologist practice needs an experienced Medical Receptionist who can take over the administrative duties involved with coordinating patient and physician schedules file management and office organization.
We are looking for a professional who believes that patients should be treated as people rather than numbers in a file, and who understands the value of compassionate service.
The job includes significant amounts of multi-tasking, but the ideal candidate will know when to slow down, look patients in the eye and provide personalized service. There are a few advancement opportunities for the successful applicant.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Answer multi-line phones and either direct the caller to the appropriate party or handle the caller’s needs yourself
- Greet patients upon arrival, sign them in and obtain insurance information and any other necessary data
- Provide patients with intake and new patient forms as well as copies of our office policies and legally required documents
- Process payments from patients for co-pays and uninsured visits
- Check out patients and schedule appointments for new and recurring patients based on Physician and patient’s availability
- Maintain hard copy patient records as well as the files stored in our EMR and practice management systems.
- Call patients to remind them of upcoming appointments and to help them schedule testing for off-site services.
- Provide patients with support and guidance as needed
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years’ experience in healthcare field
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks based on importance
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Microsoft Office